Home | Poem | Jokes | Games | Science | Biography | Celibrity Video | বাংলা


Your nefarious horde

Games Workshop
  The Games Workshop Newsletter 21.09.2010
In this issue: Your nefarious horde.

Beyond the Island of Blood

Here in the games-workshop.com office, Erik Mogensen has been feverishly painting a Skaven army he started a couple of weeks ago. Like tens of thousands of you, Erik opened The Island of Blood set and, after frothing over the new miniatures, became engrossed in Skreet Verminkin and Clan Klaw's plot for the Phoenix Stone. Erik quickly finished painting all of the Skaven that came with The Island of Blood and was then faced with the same question that I suspect many of you are pondering - what next? Over to Erik then, to fill you in on how he took the Skaven force from The Island of Blood set and turned it into a chittering horde of ratmen bent on world domination.

Erik: I love gaming with Skaven - playing the part of a ruthless Warlord who uses the lives of his kin to blunt his foes' blades before moving in for the kill. Yep, life is cheap in a Skaven army and the first thing I realised was that although I had 40 Clanrats, I needed plenty more. The Skaven Battalion seemed like a good place to start my expansion, and gave me 40 more Clanrats, some extra Rat Ogres and a unit of Plague Monks, which I knew would let me add that Plague Furnace I had my eye on (more on that in a bit). I don't mind admitting that the other reason I picked up the Battalion was that it's great value for money, working out cheaper than buying the contents individually. Besides, there's quite as exciting as taking home a big box of toy soldiers.

The Battalion didn't take me long to paint (I'd perfected my Clanrat technique while painting the ones from The Island of Blood) and left me satisfied I had enough rats to form a battleline, which meant I could get on with adding in some of the really fun stuff. Skaven have access to all manner of exotic units and warmachines, which are great fun to paint and highly entertaining to game with! The first contraption I added was the Plague Furnace to increase the hitting power of my Plague Monk unit. I followed this with two Doomwheels, which are great for killing Stegadons, Greater Daemons and Dragons. I'm currently finishing off a unit of Jezzails, perfect for bringing down Steam Tanks and enemy knights, and when they're done I'll be adding a Screaming Bell - it's about time my Grey Seer rode to battle in style. In truth, the Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace kit is such a fantastic model (my favourite actually), that I just had to buy another.

I found the story behind Skreet Verminkin a hugely compelling reason to expand my Skaven army; every battle I fought and unit I painted adding to his tale. Whatever you've named your Skaven general, don't leave him in command of a small army, build him an all-conquering horde, and once he's taken control of the Island of Blood, stolen the Phoenix Stone and finished off those pesky High Eves, you can lead him to victory and dominion over the rest of the Warhammer world!

Back to Top

Games Workshop Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales. Games Workshop, Willow Road, Lenton, Nottingham, NG7 2WS, England, United Kingdom. Company number 1467092.

Copyright © Games Workshop Limited 2010 excepting all materials pertaining to the New Line theatrical productions: The Fellowship of The Ring; The Two Towers; and The Return of The King which are © MMX New Line Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All quotations from J.R.R. Tolkien's literary trilogy The Lord of the Rings (including any of the volumes thereof) © The Tolkien Estate 1954-55, 1966. All rights reserved. The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King, and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises, f/k/a Tolkien Enterprises under license to New Line Productions, Inc. and Games Workshop Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Games Workshop, the Games Workshop logo, 'Eavy Metal, Citadel and the Citadel device are either ®, ™ and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2010, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. All Rights Reserved.

This email was sent to 'omsstravel.4321@blogger.com' because they have asked to receive emails from Games Workshop. You can unsubscribe from Games Workshop newsletters in your My Games Workshop account settings. Games Workshop never sends unsolicited marketing email.

No comments: